2 Day Course
This course is aimed at those leading groups of people in remote areas or participating in any outdoor activities can bring with it unknown hazards. Common injuries sustained in the outdoors range from simple cuts and grazes to broken limbs, head and back injuries and hypothermia. Being prepared to deal with any emergency should always form part of your emergency plan and you should be prepared to deal effectively with first aid related incidents when working in this environment. Delays in emergency services attendance times, lack of effective communication and difficulty in evacuation of casualties all present additional problems for the first aider when working outdoors. The focus of the WorkSafe First Aid for Outdoor Activities programme is to address these issues. Students receive training to provide first aid for longer periods than would be expected in more urban environments.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no specific entry requirements
|Dates & Location:|| |
Dates: TBC, click 'apply now' to register your interest
Time: 09:00- 17:00
2 day course
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Outdoor First Aid.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Customer Service City & Guilds Level 2 Award
- Emergency First Aid at Work One day course
- Emergency First Aid for Work for Horticulture Operations (HSE Approved) WorkSafe
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- First Aid at Work WorkSafe
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 3 Certificate
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Award
- Leadership & Management ILM Level 5 Certificate
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Award
- Leadership & Team Skills ILM Level 2 Certificate