One day course
Ideal for those interested in honeybees or considering becoming a beekeeper.
This one day course covers the biology of the honey bee, the equipment you’ll need to keep bees, the gadgets you can buy, the pests and diseases to watch out for and the flowers you can plant to help bees and other pollinators and where to get your own bees.
Topics include honeybee biology and ecology, choosing a hive, management through the year, pests and diseases, plants for bees, how to start beekeeping and includes (weather depending) hands-on experience with a colony of bees at the College Apiary.
- Bee suit or long sleeved top (not woollen) and long trousers
- Wellington boots
- Notebook and pen
Course reference: COP018
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Sunday 19th March 2017
Saturday 29th April 2017
Saturday 27th May 2017
Saturday 17th June 2017
Saturday 22nd July 2017
Saturday 19th August 2017
This course runs from 09.15-16.30.
- With over 800 hectares at your disposal, we’ve got excellent facilities for you to develop your knowledge and practical skills.
- On our College estate alone, you’ve got ancient semi-natural woodlands, chalk downland, our commercial farm, plus a network of small streams.
- You’ll also enjoy time at our dedicated wood workshops which are fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Beekeeping Taster Day.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Beehive & Frame Assembly Day One day course
- Beekeeping Basic and Improvers Course BBKA
- Charcoal Making One day course
- Hedge Laying One day course
- Honey Bee Management- Module One BBKA
- Introduction to Green Woodworking One day course
- Shingle Making - Wooden Roofing One day course
- Stock Fencing One day course
- Trug Making Plumpton College Certificate
- Wildlife of Sussex Evening course
- Willow Structures One day course