Lecturer - Apprenticeship Functional Skills (English and maths)
- Company: Plumpton College
- Closing Date: 11-07-2022
- Location: Plumpton, East Sussex, BN7 3AE
- Salary: £24,057 - £31,417 per annum/pro rata
- Benefits: 5 efficiency days over Xmas, staff discounts
At Plumpton College we are looking to recruit an ambitious Functional Skills English and maths lecturer to join our highly successful team and deliver English and maths to our ever-growing number of Apprentices.
This position will be part time, with flexible hours to suit the delivery model with a view to it expanding in the future.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver inspirational lessons to maintain our high standards and achievement rates.
- Contribute to the planning, development and review of assessments.
- Promote high levels of attendance, achievement and retention of all our learners.
- Continue the success of Functional Skills delivery to Plumpton College apprentices.
This role may suit someone moving away from primary school teaching, an NQT or simply someone looking for a new challenge, could this be you?
The ideal candidate will be professional, hardworking and a team player with a track record of good or outstanding teaching. You will have the ability to deliver English and maths Functional skills qualifications at level 1 and Level 2. Some experience delivering to apprentices is desired but not essential.
You will be required to deliver face to face and online via Teams, training will be given to support this.
The post-holder will require a relevant teaching qualification or be willing to work towards one. We offer excellent training and support for NQTs, as well as CPD opportunities to all teaching staff to develop and progress across the curriculum.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 37 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 efficiency closure days at Christmas, membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and a range of staff discounts.
Closing date: 11th July 2022
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview or withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Applying for this role...
Please complete an application form and an Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or HR team, Plumpton College, Ditchling Road, Plumpton, East Sussex BN7 3AE.
Please note that in order to complete these forms you will need to:
1. Save it
2. Open it with Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat.
3. Right click on the file and select open with and then select reader/acrobat from the menu