Viticulture Development Loss Adjuster
- Company: Crawford
- Closing Date: 31-05-2022
- Location: South East UK
- Salary: Dependendent on skills/experience
- Contact Email: email@example.com
For over 80 years, Crawford has solved the world's claims handling challenges and helped businesses keep their focus where it belongs — on people. At Crawford, we're not just embracing change, we're leading it.
You can find out more about our business and our values at www.crawco.co.uk
ARIEL is our unique and specialist adjusting rural division at Crawford, providing Agricultural, Rural Industries and Estates' Losses insurance claims management expertise to UK and International rural insurance companies.
We’re looking for someone in the South East of the UK who wants to grow their career with us, utilising their experience and passion for the viticulture sector. With our training and support, you will learn to be an effective member of our market-leading rural loss adjusting operation as well as applying your specialist knowledge to develop our viticulture insurance claim proposition.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be supporting our valued rural insurer clients in proactively handling and settling a mixed caseload of insurance claims for their customers. These can vary in complexity from private dwellings, farm buildings, livestock, and estate-related claims through to business interruption, crops and significant weather-related events. You will also use your specialist viticulture knowledge to help shape and develop our claims proposition in this sector to service the growing UK market.
Depending on the nature of the claim, you’ll also be liaising with colleagues within different parts of Crawford, such as our Building Consultancy, Contractor Connections repair network, and our law firm, so attention to detail is essential to ensure each step of the claims process is as thorough as possible, collating and recording all necessary statements and information as required.
Predominantly field-based, you will learn to assess insurance claims and apply policy wordings, before working with our clients and partner services to help the customer get back to the position they were in prior to the loss as soon as possible.
We’re looking for talent: highly motivated problem-solvers who want to use their existing experience to specialise in rural insurance claims. We can teach you insurance and offer extensive support with your CII and CILA studies, we just want you to bring your passion for for viticulture to our business, as well as your people-focused attitude and commitment to customer service.
Specifically, we’d like to speak to people with the following characteristics: -
- Viticulture experience and/or qualifications required
- Rural / agricultural experience – relevant qualifications, industry and/or personal experience/skills are all welcome
- Willingness to work towards insurance and/or loss adjusting qualifications, with our support
- Knowledge of insurance is welcomed but certainly not required
- A passion for outstanding customer service is non-negotiable
- Strong and confident relationship skills – particularly when it comes to building relationships with clients in your local rural community
- Empathy, understand what matters to the customer and to put this first – putting yourself in their shoes
- Ability to work under pressure and perform in emotive and sometimes difficult situations
- Good IT skills, with the ability to quickly learn multiple systems
- Flexibility in travelling, particularly around Kent, with the ability to work away during surge situations
- Full UK driving licence
We welcome informal discussions so please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to hear more about the role.
Due to the nature of our work, this role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Crawford & Company actively supports Equal Opportunities and embraces Diversity and Inclusion.