Harvest Cellar Hand starting in September
Are you keen to gain experience working as a vintage cellar hand in a multi award winning Sussex winery? We are now inviting applications to help with our harvest this year – due to the uncertainty around travel during the COVID pandemic, our focus is on finding applicants who have a UK base.
What the job involves:
Candidates will need to be confident and comfortable to carry out racking and transfers, ferment inoculations, chaptalizing, general cellar work, tank and equipment cleaning and assisting in maintaining winery cleanliness.
· 8 -11 hour shifts, 6 days per week
What you will need to be a successful applicant:
· You should enjoy working in a close-knit team working towards a common goal and with the ability to use own initiative
· Ideally have experience of at least two harvests as a cellar hand
· Experience in chemical sanitisation of tanks and equipment an advantage
· Be available for around four to eight weeks from mid to end of September (actually dates to be confirmed nearer the time as will be dependent on grapes ripening)
· Flexibility with additional hours required depending on harvest
· Lab experience in a winery an advantage
What we will give you:
· The opportunity to work within an award-winning wine business as part of a pioneering, proactive, dynamic and friendly team.
· Your working hours will be spent in a stunning vineyard with amazing views of the South Downs.
· Contract for the harvest period (actual date is grape ripening dependent)
· Accommodation can be provided ( at cost ) for those outside of area
· One hot meal provided per shift
· Staff discounts while on contract
How to apply
Please note, as a well-respected winery, we receive a significant number of applicants for any roles that we advertise. It is therefore critical that you, clearly and succinctly, demonstrate how your experience matches what we ask for. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com You must also state Harvest Cellar Hand in the email title. We endeavour to reply to all applications, however, if you have not heard from us within four weeks of your application, it is likely that you have not been selected for interview. We look forward to hearing from you, if you'd like to be involved with our 2021 vintage!
Ridgeview Wine Estate has a fundamental and passionately held commitment to ensuring that our workforce truly represents society, encouraging everyone to be best that they can be through celebrating and encouraging the uniqueness that every individual can bring through diversity. We welcome all to join us on this inclusive journey. We are proud to be Disability Confident (Committed)