Fairlight Hall Gardens are located just outside of Hastings in beautiful surroundings with coastal views, the 15 acre Garden sits in the 90 acre estate which is a private home which regularly opens to the public for various events.
Fairlight hall has a productive walled garden and cutflower garden which is cared for by the vegetable gardener. The vegetable Garden Assistant Gardener would support the vegetable gardener in the walled garden, cut flower garden, fruit cage and orchard.
Basic Duties to include :
· Picking of the produce and cutting flowers.
· Planting out.
· General maintenance tasks in the walled garden and cut flower garden.
· A wide variety of other seasonal tasks.
· Making and maintaining plant supports.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
· A good working manner
· General knowledge of plants and weeds
· A keen interest vegetable growing
· Ability to work in all weathers
· Happy to work on more physical jobs such as mulching vegetable beds or digging.
· Be keen to learn new skills
· Ability to take working directions.