Tree and Woodland Officer
- Company: Kirklees Council
- Closing Date: 09-06-2023
- Location: Huddersfield
- Salary: Competitive
- Hours: Permanent
- Contact Title: Recruitment Officer
- Contact Name: Recruitment Officer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- How to Apply: For more information and to apply: https://www.countryside-jobs.com/job/jul23/tree-and-woodland-inspector-kirklees-council-1705-5
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Tree and Woodland Inspector to help us manage the council’s trees and green infrastructure.
The Kirklees council district covers approximately 150 square miles and is a diverse part of the West Yorkshire region, with a rich and varied natural environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced colleague, with a sound knowledge and understanding of arboriculture and tree inspections.
Reporting to the Arboricultural Team Manager, you will be based within the Council’s Environment and Climate Change, Parks and Green Spaces service and be part of a focused team delivering recorded inspections of trees, assessing their condition and management requirements.
Your main duties will include:
• Undertaking visual inspections of trees to determine their condition and identify any arboricultural management that may be required.
• Using IT management software, you will produce associated work specifications and job sheets, to ensure any necessary works are undertaken to maintain the safety of the general public.
• You will respond to and investigate specific complaints and enquiries from internal parties and the public with regard to trees within the Council’s ownership.
You will be working closely with others, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, including members of the public, local politicians, and internal services. You will need to ensure effective communication to aid the proactive management the Council’s tree stock and deliver quality customer service. While ensuring the Council is in a defendable position in terms of national legislation and case law.