Tour and Tasting Host
- Company: Highweald Wines
- Closing Date: 30-07-2023
- Location: West Sussex
- Salary: £11-£12 per hour
- Hours: Fixed term
- Contact Title: Hospitality Manager
- Contact Name: Matthew wakeford
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Telephone: 07305333855
- How to Apply: Matthew.email@example.com
Tour and Tasting Host (Wine Jobs: Vineyards & Cellars)
Highweald Wines (http://HighwealdWine.com)
Tour & Tasting Host - Highweald
Highweald is a modern, luxury, English wine producer. We make the finest quality traditional method sparkling wine, evidenced by our recent haul of three trophies at the International Wine Challenge.
We have significant plans for growth and strong financial backing to ensure we deliver. We are building a world-class hospitality suite at our home vineyard in Sussex and have recently begun to sell our wines to trade and direct to consumers.
We are seeking to expand our team with dynamic tour hosts who are knowledgeable about wine and would enjoy communicating their passion and knowledge to groups visiting Highweald. These roles are required to cover our tours through the season with a likely start date in March/April. Ideally, individuals with experience working in customer-facing sales roles and a passion for putting customers first would be well-suited for this role.
As the business grows there will be significant opportunity to progess.
About the role:
You will be leading a group of visitors around the vineyard and winery, introducing them to Highweald Wine Estate and the world of English Sparkling wine. Tours will last around 2 hours including a tasting for the group, leading them through the range of wines that Highweald produce. Weekend work will be required throughout the season.
Candidates should be able to meet the following criteria:
· Be a confident, respectful communicator with a sense of warmth and empathy; able to clearly articulate complex processes in engaging and interesting ways
· Have a passion for wine, together with enthusiasm for the English wine industry
· Be a team player who is flexible with availability dependant on the needs of the business and the weather
· Be self-motivated, able to work independently with own initiative
· A WSET Qualification is beneficial but not essential
· Previous experience hosting wine tours is preferable but not essential
· Full right to work in the UK
Competitive rate of pay and flexible hours
Clothing allowance or/and uniform
Wine allowance and discounts
If you meet this criteria and want to join a new, successful, luxury, super-premium Industry leading English Sparkling Wine producer, please contact us.
Job Types: Part-time, Zero hours contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
haywards Heath, RH17 5JB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: West Sussex
Reference ID: Tour & Tasting Host - Highweald