As a multi award winning winery, we pride ourselves in the high quality standards of our world class sparkling wine. In 2018 we won IWSC Winemaker of the Year and we are very proud that our CEO was recently awarded Sussex Business Person of the Year. These achievements are supported by having a dedicated team of employees who we value and proactively develop. Building on this success, and to support our future growth, we are looking for a practically minded and diligent assistant to join our Production Team in the Winery. Following instructions from the supervisor, this role will involve contribution to all stages of production (post-bottling) from riddling through to labelling and dispatch.
Overview Job Functions
· Set up, running and clean down of production lines, including troubleshooting during operations.
· Accurate recording of status of production as well as any issues.
· Assisting with stock movements and completion of subsequent paperwork.
· Manual loading and unloading of bottles on production lines.
· Compliance and implementation of relevant health and food safety standards.
· Proactively maintain and improve quality and efficiency in all aspects of production.
· Cleaning of all production areas in order to comply with required standards.
· Keeping all required documentation accurate and up to date.
· Assisting with Goods In and stock management as required.
· Forklift operation.
· Previous experience in a production environment, preferably one with food safety standards.
· Fork lift truck experience ( desirable )
· Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
· An inquisitive mind for how machinery works and desire to learn more about to troubleshoot machinery.
· Able to lift up to 25kg and work for periods of time on repetitive manual tasks such as loading bottles onto a production line.
· Highly organised with strong attention to detail; able to visually identify quality issues
· Always strives for excellence
· Shows care and respect for others
· Able to quickly build trusting and lasting relationships within the team/company
· Proactively develop skills and expertise and apply in every detail
· Works hard and celebrates success.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team.
Hours are 8am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
If you believe you have the relevant experience and characteristics and would like to join a well respected, innovative and supportive company, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org