THE OUTDOORS PROJECT OFFICE ASSISTANT - KICKSTART APPRENTICE
Are you keen to work in an office, earn and develop your skills? Join a growing business with unlimited potential whilst making a positive, healthy difference to young people
Our Apprentice will work as part of a busy, professional small team to assist with the day to day running and managing of all aspects of the business in the office. We are seeking a candidate with a willingness to learn about all aspects of the business in order to deliver support in this admin and customer services based role.
Full training and support will be provided by The Outdoors Project to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. Whilst this is an office based job the training will include an induction working at our Outdoors Clubs (After School/Holiday and Saturday clubs), to give you a necessary understanding of the business we run. The applicant will also be trained as a club assistant and from time to time will be asked to work at clubs
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is potential to progress into a permanent member of staff.
• Assist with the day to day running of the office
• Answer telephone calls and respond to email enquiries
• Respond to admin questions from staff, schools, franchisees and parents/carers
• Order office purchases, office cleaning & supplies and other items as needed
• Keeping well organised files and records of business activities.
• Website & social media administration.
• Establishing and maintaining databases and recording systems.
• Follow company procedures and strict confidentiality policy
• Team player with a willingness to learn and help out
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard throughout
• An eagerness for learning new skills
• Good Communication Skills
• Organised & Attention to detail
• Computer Skills: Email, Microsoft office (Word, EXCEL)
• Ability to manage/post on Social media accounts
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop would be an advantage
• Applicants must have a good standard of education to include GCSE English and Maths grade C or above (or equivalent)
Training offered: First Aid, DBS, Safeguarding + ongoing external and internal training throughout the year.
Term: Initially a 6 month period with a personal development plan in place and a long term view to move successful candidates into a permanent position.
Working hours: 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday (to include some Saturday work)
Pay rate: The hourly rate per age-group is listed below for this earn & learn opportunity (from April 2021):
• Age 23 or over £8.91
• Age 21 to 22: £8.36
• Age 18 to 20: £6.56
• Age 16 to 17: £4.62
Apply today, please send a CV and cover letter to Sam.firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about what we do here: www.theoutdoorsproject.co.uk