Bolney Wine Estate in West Sussex is one of the pioneers of the English wine industry and has been a family business since 1972. We are a producer of premium English still and sparkling wines, sold across all UK channels and exported to overseas markets including the USA, China, Japan and Europe. At the Estate we welcome thousands of visitors a year for vineyard and winery tours and corporate events and to our on-site café, bar & restaurant.
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE Harvest Cellar Hands x 2
LOCATION Bolney Wine Estate, Foxhole Lane, West Sussex, RH17 5NB
COMPANY Bolney Wine Estate Ltd
REPORTS TO Cara Lee Dely, Production and Operations Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Sam Linter, Managing Director
Bolney Wine Estate is looking for two harvest cellar hands to assist with the processing of the 2021 vintage.
The first position will need to commence immediately on a part time basis and will include working in the cellar, labelling and disgorging line.
The second position is based on the potential harvest date with the earliest start date of the 1st September 2021.
The end date will be flexible based on workload but could run to the end of December 2021 with the potential for one of the candidates to be offered a part time role on completion of the harvest season.
Bolney is located about 10 mins west of Haywards Heath and 20 mins of Plumpton College and Brighton. This is a paid role with hourly rate based on experience. Over the harvest period, candidates must be prepared to work long days and weekends. For the majority of the vintage we operate on a shift system, the later shift usually being from 11am to around 10pm. Good fitness (able to lift up to 20kg), attention to detail and the ability to maintain concentration over a long shift are all valuable attributes!
Reporting to the winemaker, tasks will include (but are not limited to):
• Grape sorting, receival and processing
• Press loading and cleaning
• Punch down/pump-over of red ferments
• Digging out of red tanks
• Cleaning and sanitation of winery equipment
• General maintenance of winery cleanliness
• Grape maturity analysis & ferment monitoring
• Additions and inoculations
• Transfers and racking Experience with all the tasks above is preferred.
• Have prior harvest experience
• Willing to work long hours over the peak harvest period
• Good literacy and numeracy skills with an eye for detail
• Understand the importance of accurate reporting
• A forklift licence is desired, but not essential
Applications need to be sent to: email@example.com
In your application, please include the date you would be available to start and whether you would be available to continue further in the part time position after harvest.