Field Research Scientist (Horticulture)
- Company: ADAS
- Closing Date: 30-06-2022
- Location: Cambridge
- Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
- Contact Email: JMartin@rsk.co.uk
ADAS is looking for a Field Research Scientist to join our Soils, Crops and Water team on a full time, permanent basis to be based out of our Boxworth, Cambridge office. This is an exciting opportunity for those with a genuine interest and looking to build a career in the horticulture, agriculture and the environment industries, addressing current challenges facing these sectors.
This is a practical field-based role working on scientific projects for clients focusing on efficient food production and related environmental issues in a sustainable industry. The role, although field based, will also require some laboratory and glasshouse working, alongside office-based duties.
You will specialise primarily in horticulture but will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge across the whole team, contributing to a suite of research projects across both horticulture and agriculture, involving crop Pathology, Entomology, Soils and Nutrients, and Weeds, embracing a “one team” ethos.
ADAS, part of RSK Group Ltd, is the UK’s largest provider of research and advice on agricultural and environmental issues. With over 75 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing agricultural, horticultural and environmental consultancy & research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector.
- Deliver practical research for a range of horticultural and agricultural crops, predominantly in the disciplines of pathology and physiology
- Lead implementation of on-site field/glasshouse/polytunnel/laboratory work work and liaise with clients and colleagues to ensure on time delivery
- Manage projects ensuring key objectives and deadlines, are met, ensuring high levels of scientific credibility and client satisfaction are achieved
- Handle collection, aggregation, and routine analysis of data
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work, with inhouse and external training provided to meet the requirements of the role
- A full driving licence to drive manual vehicles in the UK is essential
- Flexibility – to travel within the UK and overseas
- Must be able to work flexibly due to the seasonal nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work overtime (evenings and weekends) during busy periods to ensure scientific objectives are met, and delivery within suitable weather conditions are optimised
- We are open to receive applications from those of a variety of educational backgrounds, from school and further education to those with higher level qualifications
Salary and Benefits
- £20,000 - £23,000 per annum, depending on experience overtime
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer