- Company: Ridgeview Wine Estate
- Closing Date: 31-08-2022
- Location: near Ditchling Common
- Salary: TBC
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Cellar hand
Department: 37.5 hours per week 8am-4:30pm
About the role
The Cellar Hand works under the guidance of the Winemaking Team throughout the winemaking process (Harvest to bottling). The key requirement of this role is to create sparkling wines of the highest quality under the instruction of the Winemaking team.
Summary of key tasks
• Assisting in execution of primary fermentations. Juice and wine movement, general harvest and winery tasks.
• Assisting in the execution of malolactic fermentations.
• Assisting in the execution of blending and cold stabilisation process.
• Assisting in Tirage preparation & addition, line set-up and cleaning.
• Basic understanding (under supervision) of how to maintain and repair of all equipment used in the above process.
• Assisting in ensuring all routine maintenance records for winemaking processes are completed and signed off by the Winemaker.
• Assisting in the management of supplies and stock required for the winemaking process.
• Ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene of the production areas and all equipment used in the winemaking process. Completion and sign-off of records.
• Complying with health and safety requirements in the production areas in accordance with the Company risk assessments.
• Adherence to all SALSA requirements in the production areas.
• Commitment to maintaining and continually improving quality in all aspects of the winemaking.
What you will need to be a successful applicant :
• Previous cellar hand experience or experience of working in a food processing environment
• IT skills including Microsoft Office an advantage
• Knowledge of wine making processes.
• Very strong attention to detail with internal motivation for accuracy, efficiency and cleanliness
• Thrives in a compliant, hygienic, quality and process driven environment
• Ability to build trusting working relationships across the wider business
• Problem solver with good use of initiative
• Self-motivated and able to work within a team and independently
• Looks to proactively develop skills and expertise and apply in every detail
• This role includes safety critical tasks therefore a fit for task assessment will be required – adjustments will be considered where possible
· Due to the location and role, a car driver is recommended
What we will give you :
• The opportunity to work within an award-winning wine business as part of a pioneering, proactive, dynamic and friendly team.
• Opportunities for your own continuous development with a focus on being the best you want to be
• Higher than statutory annual leave
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
• Cycle to work scheme ( after qualifying period )
• Tax free charity giving opportunities via payroll
• Varied and well attended social events throughout the year
• Excellent staff discounts
How to apply
please apply via our website https://www.ridgeview.co.uk/jobs/
Ridgeview has committed to the decision-making strategies of B-Corporation and are currently underway in our accreditation process. The high standards of B-Corp include transparent Governance, promoting sustainable and profitable working practices, supporting our local and industry community along with providing our staff, customers, suppliers and stakeholders with a purpose as a force for good. Ridgeview measure our performance against these standards and work to continuously improve the ethics of our business. bcorporation.uk/about-b-corps
Ridgeview Wine Estate has a fundamental and passionately held commitment to ensuring that our workforce truly represents society, encouraging everyone to be best that they can be through celebrating and encouraging the uniqueness that every individual can bring through diversity. We welcome all to join us on this inclusive journey. We are proud to be Disability Confident (Committed) disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk