Cellar Door Manager - Balfour Winery at The Hush Heath Estate
Balfour Winery at The Hush Heath Estate is one of England's leading wine producers and creates award winning wines, beers and ciders in Staplehurst, Kent. The beautiful 400-acre Estate is home to our vineyards, apple orchards and state of the art winery and cellar door.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Cellar Door Manager to join our team and manage all aspects of the cellar door retail sales, visitor experience as well as overseeing the tour element of our business including our very successful Balfour Wine Club.
Working alongside our F&B Manager, this is a unique and exciting position within the growing English wine industry which encompasses retail, hospitality, and wine tourism, with huge potential for growth. We are looking for a candidate with experience in all aspects who has a positive and proactive approach to wine sales, tastings and creating wine-based events.
· Wine retail experience essential
· Min level 2 WSET
· Reactive and proactive sales approach is essential to the success of this role
· Experience of visual merchandising and shop layout
· Sales and target driven
· Tourism experience an advantage
· Experience in managing a team
· Dynamic, enthusiastic with a great personality for a customer facing role
· Commercial acumen and ability to prepare and manage your own budget, achieving sales targets
· Flexibility and a proactive approach
· Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to solve problems
· Extremely well organised and hard working
What we can offer you:
· Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
· Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts across our Hush Heath Pubs and Balfour Winery at The Hush Heath Estate
· Work for a company that shares your passion for wine
· Company progression opportunities
The job entails working weekends and some evenings
Salary negotiable based on experience
To apply, please email a covering letter along with your CV to : email@example.com