The Dark Star Brewing Company (part of Asahi International) was born in 1994 in the cellar of a pub in Brighton. With a brew plant only marginally bigger than an enthusiastic home-brew kit the characteristic style of hoppy beers was developed and tried out on the willing guinea pigs at the bar.
With the help of passionate and dedicated brewing team, the beers produced at Dark Star were a huge success. As a result the business has grown to the extent we find ourselves in Partridge Green, just south west of Horsham, West Sussex, with a 45 barrel brewhouse.
Following the success and growth of the business, in early 2019 Dark Star has was acquired Asahi Europe where we have been able to focus on improving our quality and driving our unending pursuit of great tasting beers. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi Europe offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
At the Dark Star Brewery, we are passionate about producing a fantastic product....beer. This role is about sharing that great product with our customers. The successful candidate will therefore be someone with a huge passion for beer and someone who can get others excited about beer or provide a fantastic service to the already converted!
Working on a Saturday, you will support the brewery store manager in creating a great experience for our customers in store, through beer education, managing the brewery tour programme, ensuring fun engaging and informative public and trade experiences are delivered to showcase the brewery.
• Making up customer orders & carrying them to customers car.
• Pouring beer for shop stock & customer orders
• Making up boxes & other stock items for shop.
• Helping and advising customers.
• Processing cash and card payments.
• Keeping shop shelves stocked.
• Answering telephone calls.
• Booking brewery visits.
• Keeping the shop and cold room tidy and clean, this includes hoovering/mopping/jet washing etc.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness, health and safety standards and maintenance area maintained
What are we looking for?
• A passion for beer or the drinks industry and a passion to learn all about what goes into the operations of a great brewery!
• Friendly, personable, confident and comfortable speaking to groups of people
• Knowledge of point of sale system, cash and card handling and reconciliation of takings
• Attention to detail. Ability to problem solve and able to tackle any task
• Numeracy and financial acumen with knowledge of point of sale system, cash and card handling and reconciliation of takings
What you get:
• A competitive salary
• Staff Discounts
• To work in a fun culture
• You get to work at a brewery!
• Saturday role - working from 08.30-15.30 + additional ad hoc hours
The Dark Star Brewing Co. Ltd, Star Road, Partridge Green, West Sussex RH13 8RA
Horsham – 20 min drive
Brighton – 30 min drive
Worthing – 30 min drive