Assistant Technical Manager
- Company: Fleurie Nursery Ltd
- Closing Date: 16-06-2023
- Location: Barnham, West Sussex
- Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
- Hours: Permanent
- Contact Title: Technical Manager
- Contact Name: David Hide
- Contact Email: David.Hide@fleurienursery.co.uk
- Contact Telephone: 07901 005269
- How to Apply: To apply for this position, or for further information, please email David.Hide@fleurienursery.co.uk
Fleurie Nursery Ltd are currently recruiting for an Assistant Technical Manager to join their team based in the Chichester area, West Sussex. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a developmental role within a team environment and the first or next step in their horticulture career with a specific focus on all aspects of technical growing.
In this critical role you will work alongside and under the direction of the technical manager to deliver all aspects of technical growing to plan and deliver a quality product to our customers expectations including:
• Crop agronomy walks to identify operational tasks and integrated pest management
• Plant nutrition and growing media selection
• Supporting with the planning and purchasing of crops.
• Maintaining excellent relationships with all of our young plants suppliers.
• New product development
• Assurance scheme audit preparation.
To be suitable for the role of Assistant Technical Manager you should have:
• Excellent communication skills
• IT Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail & numeracy skills
• A passion for horticulture / plants
• The ability to change pace where required to fulfil the tasks in hand
• Industry experience ideally in an operational / technical position or experience studying for a horticultural qualitfication
• HND or equivalent in a relevant qualification, desirable but not essential
On offer is a competitive salary, and a team environment. Please note that the nursery operates 7 days a week and therefore some weekend working is required on a rota basis.
Fleurie Nursery is easily commutable from: Chichester, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex and the A27 Corridor.
We are a market leading customer focussed organisation who supply high quality plants to the wholesale market. We have a stable team of 46 employees based across 4 Nurseries in West Sussex. We are proud to be part of the Farplants Group and the Tristram Plants Group who are highly regarded in the Industry for their sales and marketing of Horticultural Products.
This is a developmental role and full training in all aspects of the job will be provided. This will lead to a requirement to complete BASIS and FACTS training once sufficient practical experience has been gained.