Agriculture Regulatory Inspection Officers - Berks, Bucks and Oxon
- Company: Environment Agency
- Closing Date: 17-07-2022
- Location: Berks, Bucks, Oxon or Herts
- Salary: £28,785 - £34,208
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a recent graduate with experience of working on farms in England and want to improve our natural environment? Would you like to be at the forefront of agricultural change? This is an exciting opportunity as we are recruiting 5 permanent new officers in the South East (covering Berks, Bucks, Oxon, Herts, North Hants or North Wilts) to undertake regulatory inspections of farms.
Agricultural practices can cause significant and chronic pollution to our precious water environment. These can be caused by leaks of slurry and silage effluent, and other materials, stored and spread on farms.
We are looking for dynamic individuals, including graduates, ideally with experience and understanding of agriculture or other regulatory activity, to work with farmers to increase their levels of compliance with existing environmental regulations. This will help safeguard and improve the future environment.
In this role you will:
- carry out targeted farm visits
- engage with farmers to influence them to change their practice, which may involve difficult conversations
- collect and report on data and findings
- be willing to undertake regulatory enforcement action when needed, prosecutions and the serving of notices
These roles will be based at Wallingford, Reading, Farnham, Welwyn or Oxford. However, a hybrid of working from home is acceptable. A vehicle will be provided for farm visits.