Agriculture Regulatory Inspection Officers
- Company: Environment Agency
- Closing Date: 29-06-2022
- Location: Chichester, Worthing or Pevensey
- Salary: £28785
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a good knowledge of agriculture or other regulation in England and want to improve our natural environment? Would you like to be at the forefront of agricultural change? This is an exciting opportunity as we are recruiting several new officers in the Environment Agency's Solent and South Downs to undertake regulatory inspections of farms.
Agricultural practices can cause significant and chronic pollution to our precious water environment, often caused by leaks of slurry and silage effluent, and other materials, stored and spread on farms.
We are looking for dynamic individuals, ideally with experience and understanding of agriculture or other regulatory activity, to work with farmers to increase their levels of compliance with existing environmental regulations. This will help safeguard and improve the future environment.
In this role you will:
• carry out targeted farm visits
• engage with farmers to influence them to change their practice, which may involve difficult conversations
• collect data and report findings
• be willing to undertake regulatory enforcement action and, when needed, prosecutions and the serving of notices
Many skills are transferrable and training will be provided.