Agriculture Regulatory Inspection Officer – Kent and South London
- Company: Environment Agency
- Closing Date: 29-06-2022
- Location: Sevenoaks
- Salary: £28,785
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a recent graduate with a good knowledge of agriculture or other regulation in England and want to improve our natural environment? Would you like to be at the forefront of agricultural change? This is an exciting opportunity as we are recruiting a new officer in Kent & South London to undertake regulatory inspections of farms.
Agricultural practices can cause significant and chronic pollution to our precious water environment. These can be caused by leaks of slurry and silage effluent, and other materials, stored and spread on farms.
We are looking for a dynamic individual ideally with experience of working on farms, to work with farmers to increase their levels of compliance with existing environmental regulations. This will help safeguard and improve the future environment.
In this role you will:
• carry out targeted farm visits
• engage with farmers to influence them to change their practice, which may involve difficult conversations
• collect and report on data and findings
• be willing to undertake regulatory enforcement action when needed, prosecutions and the serving of notices
• use your transferrable skills, however, additional training will be provided