Additional Learning Support
Inclusive Learning and Development
At Plumpton College, we pride ourselves on being inclusive.
The Inclusive Learning and Development Team is committed to including and supporting you to access all available opportunities and to have a positive learning experience. Whatever learning difficulty, disability and/or medical condition you have, we offer personalised support centred on you.
We are here to help and guide you, monitor your progress and work with you to achieve your goal.
I would like to thank everyone working with my daughter for the wonderful support they have given her and for making sure she settles well into college. Their help and support have really made a positive difference and she is much happier now and actually enjoys college!"
Examples of Things You May Need Support With
We can support learners with:
- Dyslexia, dyscalculia, and dyspraxia
- Sensory impairment
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Mental health difficulties
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- English and Maths development
We can also support other specific learning difficulties. Please contact the team for more information if you have any concerns. You can let us know about a learning difficulty or disability on your application form or at interview.
The learning support team at Plumpton College has been amazing, they have great taster days and it was nice to make friends. The extra provision day for students who need some extra help are also really fun and it’s nice to feel accepted here!
Examples of The Ways Plumpton College Can Support You
Within the team we have experienced and qualified learning support assistants, teachers, key learning mentors, communicators and assessors who are committed to offering the support you need. This could be any of the following:
- Attend Year 11 EHCP Annual Reviews at school
- Support you, where applicable, with transition and organise individual tours of the college
- Make arrangements to support you through the application, interview and enrolment process
- Meet with you to discuss your needs and complete a Support Plan
- Liaise on a regular basis with teaching staff to share the relevant information and provide updates regarding your support
- Arrange and attend EHCP Annual Reviews
- Review the support you receive on a regular basis
- Discuss and agree any changes that will be made to your support with you
- Promote your independence
- Support your achievement and progression
- Act in an inclusive and person-centred way at all times.
- Lunch Club
- Drop-in lunchtime support for coursework
- Personal development in Healthy Living, Employability, Resilience and Study Skills
- Social Communication groups
- Key Learning Mentors
This is a new programme to support young people - aged 16 to 19 or 16 to 25 with an EHCP - who are not currently in education, employment or training to transition into full-time education. The programme and timetable will be adapted to meet the young person’s interests and needs.
For further information on the outreach programme, please contact Linda MacDonald at: Linda.MacDonald@plumpton.ac.uk
Who Can I Contact For Support?
Contact the team relevant to the support you require.
Head of Inclusive Learning and Development
Inclusive Learning and Development Lead – Curriculum Focus
Inclusive Learning and Development Lead – EHCP Focus
Inclusive Learning and Development Lead – Apprentices and HE Focus
I’m doing an apprenticeship, training Medical Detection dogs. It’s my dream job, but something I thought was beyond my reach. I did Animal Management at Plumpton, and was supported amazingly by the Learning Support department, who made everything seem more achievable for me.”
Programmes Available Outside of Plumpton College
The Local Offer gives children and young people aged 0-25 years, with special educational needs or disabilities, and their families, information about what support services the local authority think will be available in their local area.
AOC Beacon Award
Plumpton College commended for 'Support for Students' 2020/21
- AoC Beacon Awards