FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – PUBLICATION SCHEME
Main categories of information
In accordance with the model policy adopted on 1st January 2009, there are seven categories of information available in the publication scheme:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
The college’s criteria for confidentiality are:
- Personal information relating to an individual.
- Information provided in confidence by a third party who has not authorised its disclosure.
- Financial or other information relating to procurement decisions, including, during the course of negotiations, information relating to the college’s negotiating position.
- Information relating to the negotiation position of the college in industrial relations matters.
- Information relating to the financial position of the college where disclosure might harm the college or its competitive position, as determined by the Governing Body.
- Legal advice received from or instructions given to the college’s legal advisors.
- Information planned in advance for publication.
1. Who we are and what we do
Organisational Information, structure, locations and contacts
1.1 Legal Framework
Plumpton College is a statutory body incorporated under the Further and Higher Education Act, 1992. It is an exempt charity and is regulated by the SFA and EFA.
Legal Status – conferred by the Further and Higher Education Act 1992.
Charitable Status – The College is an exempt charity under the powers conferred by the Further Education and Higher Education Act 1992.
Financial Memorandum - Available on request
1.2 How Plumpton College is organised
1.4 Location and contact details
Contact details and location map are available on the College Website and College Prospectus.
East Sussex, BN7 3AE
Tel 01273 890454
Fax 01273 890071
1.5 Student Activities
The college Student Union and the Student Services Department is responsible for putting together a full and varied social calendar for students. We also have varied sports academies. More can be found in the Student Handbook and on our website here.
2. What we spend and how we spend it
Financial Information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
2.1 Funding income
Financial Statements - hard copy available on request. Fee £10.
2.2 Budgetary and account information
2.3 Capital programme
Minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee.
2.5 Register of suppliers
3. What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews.
4. How we make decisions
Decision making processes and records of decisions.
4.2 Appointment committees and procedures
Terms of Reference of Search Committee
5. Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.
5.2 Procedures and policies relating to academic services
College Strategic Plan - available on request
5.5 Procedures and policies relating to human resources
Staff handbook - available on request. Fee £10
5.6 Procedures and policies relating to recruitment
Recruitment and Selection Procedure - available on request. Fee £10
5.8 Equality and diversity
5.9 Health & safety
5.10 Estate management
5.11 Complaints procedure
5.12 Records management and personal data policies
5.13 Charging regimes and policies
6. Lists and registers
Current maintained lists and registers.
6.1 Information the College is legally required to hold in publically available registers
Register of Interests of Corporation members - available on request (view in office hours)
6.2 Asset Registers
6.3 Disclosure logs
7. The services we offer
Information about the services we offer, including leaflets, guidance and newsletters.
7.1 Information on the services offered by the College
Well being, student accommodation, travel, foot & diet, funding & loans, student activities, Plumpton online (VLE), careers and term times.