- Company: Plumpton College
- Location: Plumpton, Nr. Lewes BN7 3AE
- Salary: £23,392 - £27,221 & accommodation
- Benefits: 26 days holiday, Local Government Pension Scheme
Plumpton College has excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement so is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing college team.
The farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a state of the art dairy unit and are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Herdsperson to deliver the highest standard of dairy operations on our 280 cow high performing Holstein herd. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing dairy herd.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have strong youngstock rearing skills.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and are looking for your next career opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
Accommodation will be provided with this role.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as up to 7 efficiency days at Christmas), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free on-site parking.
To apply please complete an application form and an equality and diversity monitoring form and return them to email@example.com or send it to: HR Department, Plumpton College, Ditchling Road, Plumpton, East Sussex, BN7 3AE. Tel: 01273 890454.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website www.plumpton.ac.uk.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th September
Interviews will be held: w/c 23rd September
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview or withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Applying for this role...
Please complete an application form and an Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or HR team, Plumpton College, Ditchling Road, Plumpton, East Sussex BN7 3AE.
Please note that in order to complete these forms you will need to:
1. Save it
2. Open it with Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat.
3. Right click on the file and select open with and then select reader/acrobat from the menu