Head Tractor Driver
- Company: Plumpton College
- Location: Plumpton
- Salary: £25,272 to £30,112 & Accomodation
- Benefits: 26 days holiday, Local Government Pension Scheme
We have an excellent opportunity for a Head Tractor Driver to join our team. Plumpton College’s farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. Having invested heavily to upgrade the farming equipment over the last 12 months we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Head Tractor Driver to deliver the highest standard of farming operations on our 800 hectare progressive College mixed farm. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to
- Be both qualified and experienced in a wide range of field work and machinery operations.
- Be able to operate state of the art, modern equipment to the highest level making use of two new John Deere R series tractors with Starfire SF3 GPS systems.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to support a variety of livestock enterprises.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. Accommodation is also provided with this position. This is a shift-based role working 12 days on and 2 days off from 7.00am until 5.00pm (with alternate weekends off).
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. At Plumpton College we are Ambitious & Progressive, Enterprising, Professional, Supportive and Passionate about everything we do – if you share these values and believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please complete an application form and return it to email@example.com or send it to: HR Department, Plumpton College, Ditchling Road, Plumpton, East Sussex, BN7 3AE. Tel: 01273 890454.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website www.plumpton.ac.uk.
Closing date for applications: 2nd March 2018 at 9.00am
Interviews will be held: w/c 12th March