Landbase Service Engineer Apprentice
- Company: AMP Services
- Location: Hove
- Salary: £223 per week
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a motivated and dependable team player to join our workshop team who has a passion and interest in groundcare machinery and wants to learn more about repairing and maintaining these machines.
LBSE Service Engineers will typically work on the employers premises under supervision and where appropriate and safe to do so work on their own initiative. They work on a diverse range of tasks and machinery, plant and equipment specific to their sector within the land-based engineering industry. For example these may include:
- Preparation of new and second-hand machinery for sale or hire
- Pre-delivery inspection of machinery carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s and employer’s procedures
- Performing routine service and maintenance operations in accordance with manufacturer’s schedules and employer’s instructions
- The preparation of equipment for repair for example, cleaning, dismantling and reassembly of machinery and their component parts, this may be carried out under supervision or in accordance with procedures or written briefs
- Conducting routine machine operation and systems testing
- Handing over machinery plant and equipment to the control and use of others in the workplace. For example a senior technician
These operations typically take place under the supervision of a senior technician in the workplace or on the customer’s site, in which case work may be undertaken outdoors. The nature of the job role presents challenges ranging from routine maintenance to the repair of elementary mechanical faults. This requires a diverse blend of skills, industry underpinning knowledge and the disciplines required for environmental and safe working practice.
Possible start date: 23 Sep 2019
For further information and to apply, please visit the NAS website;