Grounds & Maintenance Apprentice
- Company: Battle Town Council
- Location: Battle TN33 0EA
- Salary: £5 / hour
- Contact Email: Clerk@Battletowncouncil.gov.uk
Excellent opportunity working for Battle Town Council as part of their grounds team. The apprenticeship involves the following key tasks:
- To maintain and keep tidy hedges and trees
- To maintain and repair bus shelters
- To generally maintain areas in good condition by cutting grass, strimming, trimming hedges and collecting litter
- Watering of tubs and hanging baskets
- Grass cutting, weeding and sweeping paths
- Maintenance of the cemetery including tarmac and gravel paths
- Collect and remove all litter and dead flowers
- Regularly check the inventory of machinery and equipment
- General maintenance and repairs to play equipment and surrounding fences
- Mark out football pitches
- Undertake other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the office staff.
The ideal candidate will have E’s (3’s) or above in Maths and English, and have a positive attitude, be motivated and enthusiastic to work as part of the grounds team.
To apply, please either fill in the application form on the National Apprenticeship Service website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship searching for ‘Battle Town council’ or contact Carol Harris, Clerk@Battletowncouncil.gov.uk
Working hours are Monday – Friday 30 hours per week - £150 per week with day release to Plumpton college to train as a horticultural operative.