Forest Operative Apprentice
- Company: A J Muggridge Ltd
- Location: Hastings TN34 2NJ
- Salary: £156.00 per week
- Contact Email: email@example.com
An excellent opportunity working for an established family run forestry and fencing contractor based in East Sussex. You will be working as an apprentice forest operative and will attain specialised training to access various worksites and infrastructure.
Key Aims and requirements
To gain both theory and practical knowledge in all aspects of tree work whilst working as part of a highly effective team. All apprentices are required to join the two-year apprenticeship program at Plumpton College.
- Attend, absorb and implement site specific safety briefs and achieve safe access/setup of worksites
- Undertake personal risk assessments with each task and daily checks of gear
- Process arisings through woodchippers
- Undertake supervised use of strimmer’s, chainsaws, blowers and various hand tools
- Observe and interact with the team confidently with the view to becoming a competent climber
- Population of basic paperwork and timesheets
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the team leaders
Level 2 Forest Operative Apprenticeship to be delivered at Plumpton College one day per week with the rest of the learning to be on-the-job.
You may also be required to study functional skills in English, maths and ICT dependant on your GCSE grades.
For more information and to apply, please visit the National Apprenticeships Service website;