- Company: R P Meats Ltd
- Location: Brighton BN1 7GW
- Salary: £200 per week
Excellent opportunity working for an established Brighton based wholesaler. You will be working alongside trained butchers in a dynamic environment with great scope to learn and develop high class butchery skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to learn from and assist the head butcher in:
- Meat preparation for the retail and catering butcher trade
- The opportunity will afford you a broad knowledge of the industry sector in how produce is sourced, processed, prepared and sold
- You will be exposed to all facets of meat preparation including the butchery of whole bodies (Beef, Pork, Lamb, Game and Poultry)
- Learn skills in efficiency and waste management
Level 2 Standard Butchery Apprenticeship to be delivered at Plumpton College one day per week with the rest of the learning to be on-the-job.
You may also be required to study functional skills in English, maths and ICT dependant on your GCSE grades.
For further information and to apply, please visit the National Apprenticeship Website;