Apprentice Service Engineer
- Company: King & Stevens (Plant & Tool Hire)
- Closing Date: 01-04-2020
- Location: RH13 8LY
- Salary: To be agreed upon appointment
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
King & Stevens (Plant & Tool Hire) Ltd have an opportunity for Service Engineer Apprentice. You will help preparation of new and second-hand machinery for sale or hire, pre-delivery inspection of machinery and performing routine service and maintenance operations much more.
Duties to include:
- Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with customers
- Perform routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs
- Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts
- Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts
- Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs
- Keep records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used
- Select and apply appropriate tools and equipment, demonstrate dexterity, resourcefulness, and a professional approach to service engineering practice.
- Maintain and conduct basic repairs and maintenance activities on power units, and power trains, mechanical equipment, plant and machinery and their associated systems and components either under supervision or following procedures and service schedules prepared by the manufacturer or employer
- Thermally and chemically join metals and materials
- Access and interpret technical data relating to service and maintenance operations in accordance with the manufacturer’s documentation
- Communicate with customers and colleagues expressing technical information in clear concise terms whilst demonstrating customer care principles
- Work efficiently both under supervision, individually and as a team member
- Demonstrate a logical, safe and systematic approach to work practices
- Carry out operational tests on low technology plant, equipment and machinery
- Communicate using a range of methods. This will include delivering oral and written reports to colleagues and customers regarding the work carried out on equipment
- We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a passion and interest small engine machinery, including garden and construction equipment
- The individual concerned should be able to demonstrate this interest either through work experience or hobbies/interests
English and mathematics GCSE’s at grade 4/C or equivalent. In addition it is desirable that the apprentice has a basic understanding of Information and Communication Technology.
The Apprenticeship standard is recognised and is an excellent grounding for a career in this industry sector. Apprentices on completion can progress to a level 3 apprenticeship if they wish.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
King & Stevens Ltd was established in 1973 carrying out work within in the construction industry.
We gradually evolved into plant hire, adding the tool hire & sales over the last 20 years and we now have a well stocked shop selling garden & construction equipment, complementing the hire side of the business. We are focused on providing a high standard of service and offer competitive prices.
Our desire is to strive for perfection in offering our customers a wide variety of products.
On 1st May 2006 we were the first Plant & Tool Hire company to be approved for the 'Buy With Confidence Scheme'.
The scheme means that we have been independently checked out by West Sussex Trading Standards to make sure that we are committed to providing a quality service and comply with civil and criminal law. It also measures commitment to health & safety, fair trading, quality control and employing competent trained staff. Our machines are PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998) tested.
Jane Medhurst and Susan King were presented with the award by Councillor Lionel Barnard.
For more information please click on the following link http://www.buywithconfidence.info
In September 2017 we were proud to receive a 'Safe Hire Certified Company' certificate from the Hire Association Europe. This means that we have been successfully assessed in the following; Risk Management, Financial Control, Health, Safety and Welfare, Environmental Impacts, Document Control and Data Protection, Managing Employees, Communication, Supply of hire equipment, Transport and Distribution