Apprentice Service Engineer
- Company: Hugh Page (Sussex) Ltd
- Closing Date: 01-04-2020
- Location: TN21 8DH
- Salary: To be agreed upon appointment
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Preparation of new and second-hand machinery for sale or hire. Pre-delivery inspection of machinery. Performing routine service and maintenance operations. The preparation of equipment for repair for example, cleaning, dismantling and reassembly of machinery and their component parts, this may be carried out under supervision.
Duties will include:
- Select and apply appropriate tools and equipment, demonstrate dexterity, resourcefulness, and a professional approach to service engineering practice
- Maintain and conduct basic repairs and maintenance activities on power units, and power trains, mechanical equipment, plant and machinery and their associated systems and components either under supervision or following procedures and service schedules prepared by the manufacturer or employer
- Thermally and chemically join metals and materials
- Access and interpret technical data relating to service and maintenance operations in accordance with the manufacturer’s documentation
- Communicate with customers and colleagues expressing technical information in clear concise terms whilst demonstrating customer care principles
- Work efficiently both under supervision, individually and as a team member
- Demonstrate a logical, safe and systematic approach to work practices
- Carry out operational tests on low technology plant, equipment and machinery
- Communicate using a range of methods
- This will include delivering oral and written reports to colleagues and customers regarding the work carried out on equipment
- We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a passion and interest small engine machinery, including garden and construction equipment
- The individual concerned should be able to demonstrate this interest either through work experience or hobbies/interests
- English and mathematics GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or equivalent
- In addition it is desirable that the apprentice has a basic understanding of Information and Communication Technology
The Apprenticeship standard is recognised and is an excellent grounding for a career in this industry sector. Apprentices on completion can progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship if they wish.
About the employer
Hugh Page has been established for over 60 years during that time we have represented the leading suppliers of quality lawn and garden care equipment, of which we have one of the largest displays in the UK.
Our mechanics attend annual training courses with Honda, Briggs & Stratton, Kubota, Viking, Stihl, Atco and Stiga. This is essential as with new technology the product has become far more complex requiring a higher level of diagnostic skills and equipment to maintain it. Because of the volume of product we sell, we are often consulted by manufacturers developing new products. Also being one of the largest dealers in the country we have considerable influence with manufacturers both in the U.K. and abroad which enables us to maintain our "quibble free" warranty policy.