- Company: Laithwaite's Wine
- Closing Date: 20-12-2019
- Location: Windsor and Wyfold Vineyards
- Salary: Competitive Salary
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Laithwaite’s Wine are hiring a Vineyard Manager!
There are a lot of great reasons to love working at Laithwaite’s - not least that we’re the most successful wine merchant on the planet. A family run business for over 50 years we sell more wine, to more people, than anyone else.
This new role provides a unique opportunity to work for the UK’s leading wine company. You will be based in two vineyards; one of which is owned the company’s President.
You will be hands-on at the forefront of the operations and fully involved with the growing, pruning and harvest of the vineyards to ensure the grapes make the grade for the award-winning wines currently made. There will also be the opportunity to experience the essence of Laithwaite’s from the customers’ perspective at customer events.
This is a permanent full-time position, working 40 hours per week and is available from January 2020. Your time will be split between two premium award-winning vineyards: Windsor (SL4) and Wyfold ((RG4) near Henley).
You will have full responsibility for vineyard labour and operations throughout the season (from pruning to harvest)
Key responsibilities will include:
· Tractor operations (including spraying, intervining, trimming, grass topping)
· Vineyard data collection – regular checks on vine health, grape maturity, disease monitoring & keeping records for both vineyards including managing each vineyard calendar
· Liaison with agronomist (and vineyard owner) for vine treatments
· Liaison with all viticultural suppliers and keeping stock records
· Arranging equipment and machinery servicing / repair
· Applying Health & Safety practice
· Receiving occasional vineyard visitors such as customers and journalists
The successful candidate will hold a full and valid UK driving licence (ideally with towing licence); will have previous experience in hands-on agricultural work as well as previous experience of managing agricultural contract labour.
Agricultural spraying experience is preferable (PA1, PA2 and PA3 certification desirable). Plus, if you don’t already have it, we’ll get you qualified with a forklift user qualification.
All that aside, you will be practically minded and proactive, have an aptitude to know what is needed and get it done. You will be good at communicating and managing your time and workload. Happy with commuting between sites and be willing to get stuck in and work extra hours when it comes to peak seasons.
The role will involve lone working and manual handing activities.
What we can offer you
As well as the opportunity to work for the UK’s leading wine merchant and to be part of the Laithwaite’s journey, we offer a competitive salary and excellent Company benefits, including WSET qualfications, generous staff discount, PHI, non-contractual Company performance bonus and flexible hours to name a few.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Submit your CV and Covering letter - tell us why you want this role and what you can bring to Laithwaites...