Trainee/Assistant Countryside Officer
- Company: Wealden District Council
- Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
- Salary: £20,433 - £27,468 p.a
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Trainee: £20,433 - £24,477 p.a.
Assistant: £22,032 - £27,468 p.a plus car allowance.
Wealden is a large rural district council located in a stunning area of the South East of England reaching from the south coast either side of Eastbourne and the South Downs National Park, up to the High Weald and Ashdown Forest along the borders of Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead in the north.
We are now looking for someone with an interest in countryside management to carry out a wide range of duties within our Planning Environment team, from assisting with projects and engineering schemes to prevent flooding, to maintaining the Cuckoo Trail and other countryside sites and providing advice on landscape, biodiversity and arboricultural issues. Although based in the office, you will undertake site visits to carry out investigations, give advice and guidance to members of the public and consult with external Agencies.
As this is a wide ranging role we would be interested to hear from applicants with a:
- formal qualification such as an HNC or HND in Civil Engineering, Land Management, Surveying or equivalent;
- Certificate in Arboriculture, Horticulture or Environmental Conservation;
- A level Maths or equivalent and some previous experience who would be willing to undertake professional qualifications sponsored by the Council.
In return we offer an excellent package, including competitive salary, career average salary pension scheme, an employee benefit scheme offering a range of discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, flexitime and discounted leisure centre membership.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like further information about this role, please contact our Planning Enforcement & Environment team on 01892 602006.
To apply, please visit the Wealden District Council website: http://www.wealden.gov.uk/Wealden/Council/Jobs_and_Careers/Job_Vacancies/Job_TraineeAssistantCountrysideOfficerH4026.aspx