Maintenance Gardener – Team Leader
- Company: Landscape Associates Ltd
- Location: South West London (various locations)
- Salary: £24,500.00 - £29,000.00 (DOE)
- Contact Email: email@example.com
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Team Leader to join our established gardening team. We work on beautiful projects, where attention to detail is the key. Our gardens are in various sites throughout Central London and Surrey and demand the highest standards of maintenance.
You must have experience of managing teams and a good knowledge of working in gardens that require the need for attention to detail. In the role you will be liaising with Clients and Designers, so a positive attitude and excellent communication skills are vital. Daily you will oversee a team of two other staff members, it is key you delegate tasks on each garden so the time is used appropriately. It is important you can offer excellent team work skills and are keen to help and provide direction to the other gardeners in your team. Most of all, we would like you to bring a proactive and flexible approach to the role.
• Communicating with your manager, additional works and providing feedback on gardens.
• Liaising with clients and suppliers.
• Regular re-planting of window displays and borders.
• Lawn care.
• Plant feeding, staking and weeding of herbaceous borders.
• Hedge cutting – by hand and machine.
• General watering and management of irrigation systems
• Spraying, i.e. pest control, feeding and stone cleaning.
• Management of garden water features
• Managing planting and soft landscaping schemes.
• Implementing company Health and Safety documentation.
• Relevant qualification in gardening or horticulture i.e. RHS or City and Guilds.
• Comprehensive plant knowledge.
• Experience with pedestrian mowers, scarifiers, hedge trimmers and power washers.
• Experience with Irrigation systems.
• A full clean driving license.
• PA1/PA6 Spraying certificates.
• A valid Emergency first aid at work certificate.
• Good awareness of Health and Safety.
• Bonus Scheme.
• Paid Overtime.
• Birthday day – all employees have their Birthday as paid holiday.
• Training and career development is encouraged.
• 28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays).
• Uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) is supplied at no cost.
• Working Hours: Monday to Friday 7am – 4pm.