Head Gardener and Grounds Maintenance
- Company: Private Estate
- Location: near Haywards Heath, East Sussex
- Salary: Dependant on Experience
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· To maintain the existing grounds to a high standard, and help to develop and then implement a plan of ongoing improvement to the gardens and grounds, sympathetic to the house and its surroundings.
· Lawn maintenance and cultivation.
· Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
· Prepare rockeries, herbaceous borders and shrubberies.
· Planting and nurturing vegetables and herbs.
· To keep the borders, footpaths clear and leaf free.
· Tending existing poultry, with a view to introducing further livestock and develop/maintain a grazing pasture.
· The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
· The use of cylinder/rotary ride-on mower and hand-held mowers.
· Schedule and manage your own work load, as well as that of the current groundskeeper.
· Follow best practice and ensure health and safety is maintained at all times.
· A relevant horticultural qualification.
· A passion for and practical approach to gardening.
· Strong plant knowledge.
· Experience keeping small numbers of livestock.
· Experience working on a private estate or similar historic garden.
· Must be able to deal with the demands of a physical role.
· Clean UK driving licence.
Job Type: Part-time, 2-3 days per week to be agreed
Salary: Dependant on experience
Other: This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To apply please send a CV with relevant experience and contact details to: email@example.com
Applicants must be able to provide references upon request.