General Farm Worker
- Company: The Woodhorn Group
- Closing Date: 28-02-2020
- Location: Chichester, West Sussex
- Salary: Competitive
- Contact Email: email@example.com
A vacancy has arisen for a General Farm Worker to join the Farm Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The Woodhorn Group is a family run range of businesses established in 1882, committed to achieving excellence in all we do. At the heart of the business is our 1500 acre organic arable and dairy farm that stretches across the Chichester Plain and The South Downs. The Woodhorn Group also operates three licensed recycling sites enabling significant diversion of green waste from landfill in the South East.
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated General Farm Worker to join our Arable team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
-Care of the young stock
-General cultivation work during the growing season - primary and secondary, including harvesting, crop drilling and hedge cutting
-Use of farm machinery such as tractors and trailers, a telehandler, scraper tractor etc. to complete given tasks
-To ensure that all areas of the farm site are maintained to a high standard and undertake regular cleaning procedures as required
-Farm estate and tractor work as required and instructed
-To observe all health and safety at work regulations in accordance with statutory obligations
-Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and of others who may be affected by acts or omissions at work.
-Experience in tractor work and arable operations
-Good interpersonal skills
-Flexible attitude to work including seasonal variations to hours worked and a willingness to assist other departments, as required
-General interest in stock
-Workshop skills advantageous.
In return, The Woodhorn Group can offer the following package:
· A competitive starting salary
· Enhanced holiday entitlement which starts at 22 days per year plus 8 days bank holiday and rises by one day for each years’ service (capped at 25 days per year plus 8 days bank holiday)
· Automatic enrolment into the People's Pension after 3 months service
· Option to join health cash plan scheme (once probation completed)
· Company bonus scheme (once probation completed)
· Annual salary review
· Working at The Woodhorn Group comes with other benefits too – we hold quarterly staff events to bring the company together, whether this be at the Christmas party or the annual family summer BBQ, fireworks and bonfire evening, clay pigeon shooting or chocolate making. You would be joining a small friendly team. Visit our ‘Why work for us?’ section of our website to read stories of current Woodhorn employees experience of working with us at www.woodhorngroup.co.uk
If you feel you could be a good fit for this role, please complete our application form following this link:
or by visiting the careers section of our website. You can choose to upload a CV in addition to completing the application form if you wish. If you would prefer a paper copy of the application form to be posted to you, please telephone us to request this.
Once we have considered all applications, we will contact all candidates to advise whether they have been shortlisted for an interview.
*Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates that have applied by completing our application form, as explained above.