Customer Success Manager
- Company: The Land App
- Location: Farringdon, London
- Salary: Competitive + Commission
The Land App is a user-friendly mapping platform and SaaS start-up founded in 2015 with support from Ordnance Survey. Our collaborative, web-based application reduces the reliance on paper maps in the rural sector by helping people to easily create, share and manage digital maps of the land. Our customers range from farms and estates to land agents, planning consultants, banks, utilities and government agencies. Although we are currently focused on the UK, we are on a mission: to build intuitive technology that empowers people to manage land for sustainable economic, environmental and social benefits.
We are passionate about our mission and ensuring that we deliver genuine value to our customers and the rural sector. Having recently secured further investment and with a fast-growing user base, we are now looking for a Customer Success Manager to join us on our journey. We value initiative, creativity and versatility within our team and provide an open, supportive working environment that encourages these qualities. In return, we can offer you the chance to make a real difference in a fast-growing company with a clear social impact.
About the role
Based at our office in Geovation, Ordnance Survey’s innovation hub in Farringdon, you will work closely with both our Sales and Product Engineering teams to ensure our customers have a great user experience. Your daily duties will include:
● Providing customer support, working with our software engineers to resolve issues
● Producing training materials and facilitating online and face-to-face training sessions
● Improving our customer engagement strategy, using software tools such as Intercom
● Analysing key customer metrics, recording and interpreting customer feedback, communicating
customer feedback to our Sales, Product Engineering and Management teams
● Supporting our product strategy and product design processes
For the right candidate, we may also support your growth into managing key client accounts, managing future app development projects, producing marketing content and attending industry events, commission-based sales, and supporting our Management team with our overall business strategy.
You will be excited about helping people to realise the benefits of The Land App, understanding customer requirements, becoming a product expert and helping to shape future product direction. You will also:
● Have excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
● Be comfortable with the latest software applications including Intercom, Jira, Trello, productboard
● Be confident managing online and face-to-face training sessions for customers
● Be able to interpret customer requirements and translate them to software developers
● Be organised, analytical but also creative
● Be articulate, friendly and personable
● Have a personal, academic or professional interest in land management or the rural sector
Previous customer support or product management experience is an advantage but not essential. Above all, you will be motivated by our mission and the chance to make a real difference in a young and fast-growing company.