Assistant Estate Manager
- Company: Wilderness
- Location: Sibton, Suffolk
- Salary: £27,500
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Assistant Estate Manager to join Wilderness Reserve, a private 5,500 acre country estate two hours from London. This land and property restoration project is hidden deep in northern Suffolk, a county of gentle valleys and ancient farmland. Wooded ridges protect lush river meadows and great houses were built on the valley slopes to manage the land and enjoy the view. At the height of their prosperity in the eighteenth century, these houses were set in parkland with lakes, grazing animals and centuries-old oaks. Walled gardens and clusters of cottages supported the fine houses. It was a settled and bucolic landscape of humans in harmony with nature; the Arcadian dream.
Wilderness Reserve emerged as a concept from the gradual restoration of this landscape; a way of giving long term stability to a land rich in wildlife and in rhythm with sustainable farming. The combination of native woodlands, wet meadows and grazed parkland creates a mosaic of habitats that is perfect for birds, bats, mammals and wildflowers. It also produces good food, clean energy and great pleasure.
The buildings and landscape are historic; the way of life is timeless. Tumbledown old structures are being revived as comfortable dwellings. Neglected pastures and vegetable gardens are tended and cultivated. Sweeping landscapes of water, grass and trees are restored and freshly sculpted with turfed terraces and pools within curving landforms.
The successful candidate will be able to prove they have the skills and technical ability to be responsible to help managing 5,500 acres of a large park, woodland and arable enterprise, biomass production together with an assortment of projects.
Key aspects of the role & skills required:
· Overseeing agricultural activities
· Managing the land, sub contractors and tenants
· A strong financial understanding and a very commercial attitude are essential for the administration and management of projects
· Dealing with external advisors
· Maintaining all aspects of environmental compliance
· You will have had formal agricultural training and some experience in farm management
· To be a passionate character with the drive and desire to successfully oversee an operation of this size and stature you must have endurance!
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV to Steve Hoskin email@example.com or if you would like to discuss in more detail over the phone call 07745285805
In line with UK Immigration legislation, all applicants must currently be eligible to live and work in the UK