Trainee Foot trimmer and Farm Technician
- Company: The Origin group At Westpoint Farm Vets
- Location: Warnham
- Contact Email: email@example.com
The Origin group is focused purely on production animal health with coverage throughout the UK across all major species. At Westpoint Farm Vets we aim to provide the highest level of specialist farm veterinary service to keepers of food producing animals. To have a dedicated team of farm vets working in partnership with farmers offering our clients a range of benefits that will have a direct and positive impact on the profitability and efficiency of their farm, and the health and welfare of their animals.
Trainee Foot trimmer and Farm Technician Warnham – Nationwide Travel required (Westpoint)
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
To provide a nation-wide cattle foot care service for both Westpoint clients and non-clients on an ad hoc and service contract basis.
• Travel England, Scotland and Wales to trim herds of all sizes and provide health reports to clients as and when required.
• Respond to client requests to investigate herd lameness and individual lameness cases
• Advise clients on remedial action to prevent and care for lameness/foot health
• Provide a professional service and represent Westpoint to the highest level of customer care
• Work with the administrative team at our head office to manage diaries, appointments and data entry
• Farm technician duties to include mobility scoring, small ruminant services, on-farm data collection and on farm vet support as required.
• Strong relationship and communication skills to build rapport with our farming client base
• Good administrative and computing skills are essential
• Strong team ethic and willingness to work flexibly when required
• Attention to detail in your approach to work
• Responsive to ad hoc requests when working with others
• Current UK clean driving license
• Company Vehicle provided
• The successful candidate will work towards gaining the category 1 NACFT qualification
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org