- Company: Crawley Borough Council
- Location: Crawley
- Salary: Competitive
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of transforming and maintaining of sports grounds in the Crawley Borough.
We need a skilled, committed, and flexible person to assist in maintaining our sportsgrounds throughout the town. Delivering front line services across the borough and ensuring high quality turf maintenance of our sportsgrounds in the most efficient and customer focused way. You will assist with identifying customer demand for sports services and driving forward our services to meet that demand.
You should have:
- Achieved or working towards the NVQ Level 2 in fine turf management
- Considerable fine turf maintenance knowledge of the customer requirements for at least one of the following outdoor sports:
- Winter sports pitches
- Experience of use of related tools and machinery
- Experience of working in small teams to deliver high quality maintenance work
- Good knowledge of workplace Health and Safety
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organisational skills and able to plan your work if neccessary
You will be expected to help deliver improvements to the service using innovative and creative solutions where a flexible approach is essential.
This is a permanent post, the hours of work will be 37 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday. Working hours will be agreed with your Patch leader, however you will be starting no earlier that 6.30am and finishing no later than 3.00pm. Some extra hours may be required during the week, weekends and over Bank Holidays. Applicants will need to be able to deal with the physical requirements of the role and MUST hold a current, valid and clean driving licence which would allow you to drive in the U.K.
In return we offer excellent working conditions, training and support as well as an attractive pension scheme.
Closing Date: 1st January 2018
Proposed Interview Date: 9th January 2018
Please quote reference: CP944
For full details and to apply online, please visit www.crawley.gov.uk/careers. Please note CVs are not accepted without an application form. Applications without the correct postage will not be accepted by the Council.