- Company: Peabody
- Location: Thamesmead, London
- Salary: £26000*
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Arborist to join our team in Erith. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £26,000 per annum.
We are a registered social landlord (RSL) based in London. In 2014 they acquired another large housing association based in south east London who had a substantial land holding and with this a large tree stock. The grounds maintenance and tree works are undertaken using an in house team. They are currently looking to recruit an Arborist Supervisor (please see our other advert) and a Senior Arborists (Lead Climbers) who want to be part of a growing team with the opportunity to mould and develop the service and want a career with long term prospects and stability
The Senior Arborist role:
Reporting to their depot in Thamesmead, these roles will involve working as a Lead Climber, undertaking pruning, dismantling and other hands on arboricultural work for the majority of the time. In addition the Supervisor will be required to be hands on and organise and record work completed, liaise with residents and other members of the public.
Skills/Experience required by the Senior Arborist:
- Proven experience in a tree services environment
- Proven ability to work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading a small team
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work at height
- Specialist technical knowledge of arboricultural practices
- Experience of using a wide range of equipment and tools
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the work place, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- Practical experience supported by the ability to develop and undertake training
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- Relevant qualifications or training in tree services and use of equipment
- NPTC units in the range of 30 to 39 as minimum (40/41 desirable)
- Current driving license ( C1e desirable )
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Senior Arborist please see our careers page (http://www.peabodyjobs.org.uk/cw/en/job/495995/senior-arborist) and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Please note that whilst this job advert refers to ‘Senior Arborist’ we would still be happy to receive applications from applicants at ‘Arborist’ level.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.