Junior Sales Executive
- Company: The Land App
- Location: Chichester, West Sussex
- Salary: Negotiable + commission
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Land App is a user-friendly mapping platform and SaaS start-up founded in 2015 with support from Ordnance Survey. Our collaborative, web-based application reduces the reliance on outdated paper maps in the rural sector by helping people to easily create, share and manage digital maps of the land. Our customers range from farms and rural estates to land agents, planning consultants, banks and government agencies. Although we are currently focused on the UK, we are on a mission: to build intuitive technology that empowers people to manage land for sustainable economic, environmental and social benefits.
We are passionate about our mission and ensuring that we deliver genuine value to our customers. Having recently secured angel investment and with a fast-growing user base, we are now looking for a Junior Sales Executive to join us on our journey. We value initiative, creativity and versatility within our team and provide an open-minded, relaxed working environment that encourages these qualities. In return, we can offer you the chance to make a real difference in a fast-growing company with a clear social impact.
About the role
Based in our regional sales office in Chilgrove, in the heart of the South Downs National Park, you will work alongside our founder and director - Tim Hopkin - to engage new business. Your daily duties will include:
● Identifying and engaging new customers from across the rural sector
● Demonstrating our product to prospective customers in-person and through online tutorials
● Maintaining accurate customer databases
For the right candidate, your duties could also grow to include:
● Owning and managing customer relationships
● Managing your own sales pipeline
● Attending key industry and marketing events
● Identifying and pursuing new market opportunities
You will be excited about demonstrating and articulating the benefits of our cutting-edge technology, as well as building your own relationships across the rural sector. You will also:
● Have a professional, personal or academic background in agriculture or land management
● Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Be confident proactively engaging with new customers
● Be comfortable with new technology and demonstrating software to prospective customers
● Be passionate about sustainable land management
Previous sales experience is an advantage but not essential. Above all, you will be motivated by our mission and the chance to make a real difference in a young and fast-growing company.