Head Gardener & Grounds Maintainence
- Company: Private Estate
- Location: Ditchling
- Salary: Dependant on Experience
- Contact Email: BDrecruitment1@gmail.com
To maintain the existing grounds to a high standard, and help to develop and then implement a plan of ongoing improvement to the gardens and grounds, sympathetic to the house and its surroundings.
- Lawn and hedge maintenance and cultivation.
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting
- Prepare rockeries, herbaceous borders and shrubberies.
- Planting and nurturing vegetables and herbs.
- To keep the borders, footpaths clear and leaf free.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
- The use of cylinder/rotary ride-on mower and hand-held mowers.
- Follow best practice and ensure health and safety is maintained at all times.
- Basis handyman experience to help with odd jobs at the main house.
- A relevant horticultural qualification.
- A passion for and practical approach to gardening.
- Strong plant knowledge.
- Experience working on a private estate or similar historic garden.
- Must be able to deal with the demands of a physical role.
- Clean UK driving licence.
Job Type: Part-time, 2-3 days per week to be agreed
Salary: Dependant on experience
Other: This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To apply please send a CV with relevant experience and contact details to: BDrecruitment1@gmail.com
Applicants must be able to provide references upon request.