Garden/Grounds maintenance operative
- Company: G. A. Orchard Grounds Maintenance
- Location: Hastings & Brighton
- Salary: £8.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Contact Email: email@example.com
We are a professional garden & grounds maintenance company based in Hastings, East Sussex. We hold a wide variety of both domestic and commercial contracts.
We are currently looking to expand our team and have a position available for a grounds maintenance operative.
We are seeking a friendly, enthusiastic person who has a keen interest in amenity gardening. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to start a career in the grounds maintenance industry. We will work alongside you to give you on the job training and experience.
Within the role, you will assist us on our sites by carrying out maintenance tasks such as:
- Grass cutting & Lawn maintenance
- Hedge / Shrub cutting & pruning
- Maintenance of beds & borders
- Using a variety of both hand held and mechanical tools
- Waste removal
- Pesticide application
- Fencing & Landscaping
- Site clearance & garden restoration
The role gives you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of different sites such as private country gardens, communal gardens, industrial areas and commercial sites. This provides you with the chance to get experience in a range of different aspects of garden & grounds maintenance, whilst providing an interesting and varied time at work.
You will be working along side colleagues who have a great knowledge of the industry, which will give you the chance to perfect your existing skills whilst learning new ones.
- Someone who is hardworking, polite, keen to learn and happy to work in a team.
- Whilst experience isn't essential, we do require you have a basic knowledge about horticulture.
- National Diploma/RHS/City & Guilds qualifications preferred
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Any NPTC competency tickets such as PA1/PA6 preferred but not essential
We are ideally seeking someone who lives in Hastings or surrounding areas to join us on a full time basis over the summer season, where you will assist us on all our sites. However we are happy to look at applicants living in Brighton or surrounding areas to assist us on a part time basis on our Brighton sites. If you are looking for work over the summer break, this can be considered too.
If you feel you may be interested, please call Grant on 07843874833 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org