Field Trials Agronomist
- Company: SGS United Kingdom
- Location: Oxfordshire
- Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
- Contact Email: Mollie.Phipps@sgs.com
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Trials Agronomist to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of data and completion of R&D trials for the Agricultural, Horticultural and Amenity sectors, in line with client requirements and always in a professional and efficient manner.
A competitive salary of £21,000 - £25,000 will be on offer, plus an annual performance bonus of up to 10%. SGS also offers an excellent benefits package including private healthcare, company vehicle, a minimum of 23 days' holiday increasing with service, childcare vouchers and discount schemes, plus a contributory stakeholder pension with a matching contribution of up to 6%.
· To conduct a wide range of field trials across a number of crops to evaluate and test products in accordance with recognised guidelines for registration and commercialisation
· Ensure compliance to all industry standards and SGS quality systems to maintain consistency in our services.
· Maintain client confidentiality at all times and follow the correct SGS and client protocols.
· Work with Project and Study manager to generate data and ensure agreed internal and external deadlines are met.
· Suggest improvements to current operations so that the department can maximise profitability and efficiency.
· Correctly prepare, apply and handle chemicals for application, to ensure successful trials and the H&S of employees, clients and the public.
· Gather and accurately record trials data for presentation and reporting to clients to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
· To carry out efficient and safe sampling, assessing and harvesting of field trials.
· Work efficiently and accurately on pcs and tablets for recording and processing data.
· Assist the Study/Project Manager with the maintenance and upkeep of field trials to ensure trial objectives are met and all growers are satisfied with the condition of their fields.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role or be able to demonstrate.
- Knowledge of crops and agricultural systems
- Experience of working in a farming environment
- Experience of working in a quality system driven organization, GLP and/or GEP an advantage
- Computer literacy, use of word, excel and outlook essential
They will hold a degree in a relevant agricultural/life science subject and hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter/email outlining the reasons for interest in the placement by e-mail or post to Mollie Phipps. Email: Mollie.Phipps@sgs.com or post to SGS United Kingdom Ltd., Unit 1, The Meadows, Upton estate, Stratford Road, Banbury, OX15 6EP.
Applications close on March 1st 2018.