Arboriculturist - Graduate
- Company: Jacobs Engineering UK Ltd
- Location: Croydon
- Salary: Competitive with benefits
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide. The Environment, Maritime and Resilience (EMR) unit comprising over 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. The Arboricultural disciplines sits with the Landscape team working alongside other disciplines such as Ecology, Planning and Environmental science.
As a Jacobs arboriculturist you will be joining a small successful team providing support to the wider Jacobs business and directly to clients. The majority of projects relate to infrastructure and regeneration both in the public and private sectors. The main responsibilities of the role will depend on specific project requirements but are likely to include;
- site surveying to BS5837 standard;
- Writing technical reports and other deliverables;
- Liaison with other disciplines;
- Site supervision of contractors; and
- Ecology tree climbing support
- · Minimum level 4 qualification in arboriculture or related discipline:
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment and develop positive working relationships;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- An ability to analyse and present data;
- All-round technical knowledge in modern arboriculture;
- Willingness to travel and undertake work away from the Croydon office;
· Possess a high level of personal responsibility and have a flexible adaptable approach to different projects requirements; and
- Applicants are required to hold a full driving licence and possess a relevant work permit for the UK.
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them to a consultancy setting; and
- Willingness to contribute as a graduate to the wider EMR servicve provision.