Level 2 Award
This course is ideal for those who work or want to work in the animal care sector to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression to higher level qualifications.
During the course you will develop the skills and experience to:
- Promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals
- Deliver basic treatments to animals
- Select and prepare accommodation for animals
- Control and restrain animals
- Maintain the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
- Prepare and provide feed and water to animals
- Handle animals to enable them to work effectively
- Plumpton College overalls
- Plumpton College tunic
- Steel toe cap boots
- Long trousers and a long sleeve top
Please note that hair must be tied back and body piercings must be removed for all practical sessions in the Animal Managment Centre.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The units will be assessed by:
- The gathering of work-based evidence into a portfolio.
- Independent Assessment Test (Multiple Choice)
- Practical based assessment in the Animal Management Centre
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Three GCSEs grades 1-9 or equivalent
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday - Thursday for two weeks (0900-1630) plus one full weekend during the course (0830-1700)
Course 1: Fridays for eight weeks (0900-1630 - not including Easter Break) plus one full weekend during the course 0830-1700
Course Fee £255
On completion of this course you will have a understanding of some of the principles and practices behind animal care, which will stand you in good stead when looking for employment within an animal care environment such as a kennels, cattery or rescue centre. Following the course you may wish to pursue further study by progressing onto:
- The Level 2 Diploma Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care
- The Level 2 First Award in Animal Care
- The Level 2 Technical Diploma in Animal Care
- The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Animal Management
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Work-Based Animal Care.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.