Half day course
Ideal course for those who are interested in learning key tree identification skills; to introduce the principles involved in identifying trees.
Introduction to the species covered in the course:
- Where they are located and why they are found in these locations, whether they are native or not and what the implications are of their place of origin and how they grow and establish in a woodland environment; pioneer, climax, understorey and canopy species.
- The usefulness of spring and summer tree Identification.
- Woodland walk with identification demonstration and identification practice session
- Identification practice session utilising collected samples.
- Introduction to indicators common to a genus (e.g. all oak species) and how the relationship aids identification.
Course reference: FOP031
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Location: Flimwell Campus
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Woodland Tree Identification.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.