Half day course
Ideal course for those who are interested in learning key tree identification skills; to introduce the principles involved in identifying trees.
Introduction to the species covered in the course:
- Where they are located and why they are found in these locations, whether they are native or not and what the implications are of their place of origin and how they grow and establish in a woodland environment; pioneer, climax, understorey and canopy species.
- The usefulness of spring and summer tree Identification.
- Woodland walk with identification demonstration and identification practice session
- Identification practice session utilising collected samples.
- Introduction to indicators common to a genus (e.g. all oak species) and how the relationship aids identification.
Course reference: FOP031
|Entry Requirements:|| |
There are no entry requirements for this course.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: 5th May 2018
Time: 10:00- 13:00
Location: Flimwell Campus
We’re pretty proud of our facilities here at Plumpton. In fact in the land-based sector, we’ve got some of the leading college facilities in the UK – the perfect natural location for our forestry and arboriculture courses for you to develop your skills.
- Discover the latest equipment for your course
You’ll work on various equipment such as tractors, a WoodMizer saw mill plus a range of wood chippers.
- Extensive grounds for you to develop your skills
You’ll need to be able to work in a variety of locations, build your knowledge by discovering our farmed land, hedgerows and streams.
- Experience our fantastic modern facilities
Our superb site at Flimwell features our working commercial woodland plus modern workshop – an ideal base for your studies
- Benefit from our excellent local connections
You’ll be able to gain practical experience and knowledge of the tree-based sector thanks to our links with local land owners and estates.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Woodland Tree Identification.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-Fall Techniques NPTC Level 3 Award
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting NPTC Level 2 Award
- Competance in Manually Fed Wood Chippers NPTC Level 2
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Felling of Small Trees Plumpton College Certificate
- Domestic Chainsaw Use: Maintenance & Cross Cutting Plumpton College Certicate
- Emergency First Aid for Work in Forestry Operations WorkSafe
- Felling and Processing Tress up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award
- Grounds Course Three Week Intensive
- Safe Use of Brush-cutters and Trimmers NPTC Level 2 Award
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue NPTC Level 2 Award