One day course
Explore the important role of vine protection in vineyard management with this one day course.
Starting with a review of the key vineyard diseases of powdery mildew, downy mildew, and Botrytis, this workshop will seek to integrate a wide range of disease-management strategies allowing you to prepare a single integrated plan for use in UK vineyards. This course is useful for vineyard managers and senior vineyard staff as well as people interested in this key area of vineyard science.
- Key vineyard diseases; symptoms, biology, spread - including powdery mildew, downy mildew and Botrytis
- Monitoring for diseases in the vineyard
- Designing a pesticide application programme
- Cultural and biological methods of controlling diseases
- Designing an integrated pest control programme
|Entry Requirements:|| |
WineSkills workshops are particularly suitable for people who have attended the Principles of Vinegrowing programme or who have experience in commercial vineyards.
This session will include some practical activity, so suitable footwear, outdoor and all-weather clothing are required.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Date: Saturday 1st December 2018
This one day course runs from 10.00 - 16.15
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Vineyard Workshop.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing All Sessions (extensive)
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma