7 sessions over half a year
The aims of this seven-day course are to provide a good level of knowledge and understanding of wine making to those who wish to establish a small winery, enter the wine trade, or have a strong interest in wine.
The theory is covered in the morning, while each afternoon practical activity is spent in the college winery
- Preparing for harvest;
- Processing grapes into juice;
- Performing white wine fermentations;
- Red wine fermentation;
- Wine clarification;
- Wine stability;
- Sparkling wine production.
The course ends with a 30-minute multiple-choice test.
|Dates & Location:|| |
Dates: 29th August 2017- 12th February 2018
Time: 09.15- 16.15
This course will run over 7 sessions on the following dates:
Tuesday 29th August 2017
Monday 11th September 2017
Tuesday 12th September 2017
Monday 16th October 2017
Monday 27th November 2017
Monday 15th January 2018
Monday 12th February 2018
£25.00 Materials Fee
I chose the principles winemaking course, as well as the viticulture course, as I couldn’t fit in a full diploma around working my normal day job.
It was the perfect solution to get a week away while still cramming so much information in.
The setup of morning theory and afternoon practice was brilliant, really helping everyone experience the processes.
My aim was to get work back at home in Australia in the wine industry, which I did.
Starting with a vintage at Domain Chandon (Moet Chandon Australia) and then moving into a cellar door tasting and sales role, able to talk to customers about the wine making process with experience and knowledge.
I also made many contacts through the process and the staff have always been more than helpful.
Plumpton was definitely the most enjoyable and stimulating study I’ve ever undertaken!
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Principles of Winemaking.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.