All Sessions (extensive)
The aims of this course is to provide a good level of knowledge and understanding of vinegrowing (viticulture) to those who wish to start growing grapes, work in a vineyard, enter the trade, or who have a strong interest in the world of wine.
During the course, vinegrowing theory is introduced in the morning classroom sessions, then put into practice during the afternoon sessions in the vineyard.
The seven- day course follows the vinegrowing calendar and allows a good understanding of vineyard activity over and eight month period.
Monday 4th December 2017 - Evaluating and improving vineyard sites
Monday 22nd January 2018 - Selecting vine varietals and winter pruning
Monday 26th February 2018 - Vine propagation and nutrition
Monday 26th March 2018 - Planting and trellising vines
Monday 30th April 2018 - Weed control and sustainable viticulture
Monday 4th June 2018- Vineyard pest and disease management
Monday 25th June 2018 - Summer in the vineyard
The programme ends with a 30-minute multiple-choice exam
The theory sessions for this course will delivered in the mornings at Plumpton College Wine Centre, and most of the practical sessions in the afternoons at Rock Lodge vineyards, which are situated near Scaynes Hill, eight miles north of the College.
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in vinegrowing.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No entry requirements, but would need an interest in the subject area.
The session includes practical activity, so requires students to bring:
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 4th December 2017
Time: 09:15- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
7 day course, monthly on Monday.
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Judging Sparkling Wine- WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop Plumpton College Certificate
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma