All Sessions (extensive)
The aims of this course is to provide a good level of knowledge and understanding of vinegrowing (viticulture) to those who wish to start growing grapes, work in a vineyard, enter the trade, or who have a strong interest in the world of wine.
During the course, vinegrowing theory is introduced in the morning classroom sessions, then put into practice during the afternoon sessions in the vineyard.
The seven- day course follows the vinegrowing calendar and allows a good understanding of vineyard activity over and eight month period.
- Evaluating and improving vineyard sites
- Selecting vine varietals and winter pruning
- Vine propagation and nutrition
- Planting and trellising vines
- Weed control and sustainable viticulture
- Vineyard pest and disease management
- Summer in the vineyard
The programme ends with a 30-minute multiple-choice exam
The theory sessions for this course will delivered in the mornings at Plumpton College Wine Centre, and most of the practical sessions in the afternoons at Rock Lodge vineyards, which are situated near Scaynes Hill, eight miles north of the College.
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in vinegrowing.
|Entry Requirements:|| |
No entry requirements, but would need an interest in the subject area.
The session includes practical activity, so requires students to bring:
|Dates & Location:|| |
Monday 19th November 2018
Monday 3rd December 2018
Time: 09:15- 16:15
Location: Plumpton College
7 day course, monthly on Monday.
Mon 19.11.18, Mon 7.1.19, Mon 4.2.19, Mon 4.3.19, Mon 1.4.19, Mon 13.5.19, Mon 17.6.19
Option B- Dates
Mon 3.12.18, Mon 21.1.19, Mon 25.2.19, Mon 25.3.19, Mon 29.4.19, Mon 3.6.19, Mon 8.7.19
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Advanced Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Blending and Tirage WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Canopy Management WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Filtration & Clarification WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Grapes, Ferment and Malolactic Management WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- How to make more money by selling direct WineSkills Masterclass with Justin Howard Sneyd MW
- Introduction to Online Selling for Wine Producers WineSkills Scheduled Business Workshop
- Judging Sparkling Wine WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop
- Packaging WineSkills Oenology Scheduled Workshop
- Practical vineyard skills WineSkills
- Protecting Your Vines from Downy Mildew - with Dr Peter Spencer-Philips & Chris Cooper WineSkills Masterclass
- Pruning to Maximise Fruit Quality & Vine Health WineSkills Masterclass with Dr Alain Deloire
- PW120 Grapegrowing and Winemaking WSET Diploma: Unit 2
- PW205 Wines of the World 2 WSET Diploma: Unit 3
- PW221 Spirits, Beer and Cider WSET Diploma: Unit 4
- Vine Disease Management WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled workshop
- Vine Nutrition WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Vine Planting & Establishment WineSkills viticulture scheduled workshop
- Vineyard Floor Management WineSkills Scheduled Vineyard Workshop
- Vineyard Occupational Health & Safety WineSkills Scheduled vineyard workshop
- Wine Maturation and Stabilisation WineSkills Scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wine Sensory Evaluation WineSkills scheduled Winery Workshop
- Wines and Spirits WSET Level 2 Award
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Extensive
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- Winter Pruning WineSkills Viticulture Scheduled Workshop
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma