WSET Level 2 Award
A three-day intensive course (with exam on the morning of the fourth day) delivering an introduction to the world of wines and spirits. This course is designed for those with a keen interest in wine and other beverages, who wish to gain employment in drinks- related industries.
- How to taste wine;
- The key grape varieties of the world; Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Grenache;
- Other notable white and black varieties;
- Wine law and understanding the label;
- The principles of viticulture and winemaking;
- Sparkling and fortified wines;
Course reference: WNP001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Entry requirements are students' minimum age of 18.
A note pad and pen will be required for the course.
Photographic identification will be required for the exam.
|Dates & Location:|| |
3rd April- 5th April 2018
25th- 27th June 2018
Time: 10:00- 16:00
3 days plus a hour long assessment on 4th day
+ £30.00 for materials.
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Wines and Spirits.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- Judging Sparkling Wine- WineSkills scheduled wine tasting workshop Plumpton College Certificate
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 1 Day Sessions
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3 Award
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma