WSET Level 2 Award
A three-day intensive course (with exam on the morning of the fourth day) delivering an introduction to the world of wines and spirits.
This course is designed for those with a keen interest in wine and other beverages, who wish to gain employment in drinks-related industries.
Topics discussed include basic tasting techniques, wine production and the principal wine-producing countries of the world. Other alcoholic beverages such as spirits are also considered. Students are invited to sit the multiple-choice WSET examination at the end of the course.
Note pad and pen
Course reference: WNP001
|Entry Requirements:|| |
Entry requirements are students' minimum age of 18.
|Dates & Location:|| |
03/04/2017 - 05/04/2017
This course runs from 10:00 - 16:30.
3 days plus a hour long assessment on 4th day
Josh enrolled at Plumpton College when he was 24 years old with a passion for wine and an ambition to become a Winemaker. Having worked in restaurants and being surrounded by wine, Josh wanted to learn more about the what he was pouring into glasses.
Before starting his Wine Production course at Plumpton, Josh worked for 9 months at a winery in South Africa, an experience which cemented his desire to study the science and practice of growing grapes and making wine.
Josh really enjoyed his studies at Plumpton - “the course was challenging, but not dauntingly so”.
Immediately after graduating from Plumpton College with a BSc (Hons) in Viticulture & Oenology, Josh worked as a cellar hand for 6 months in Champagne, but then met a girl (whom he later married) and decided to move back to England.
Since returning to the UK, Josh has worked for Chapel Down in Kent, one of the country’s leading producers. Josh joined the company as a cellar hand and later become their Assistant Winemaker. In 2013 Josh was appointed Chapel Down’s Winemaker with responsibility for producing the company’s world-class range of sparkling and still wines.
- Studying at Plumpton gives you the chance to enjoy time at the heart of the South East of England’s wine production industry.
- We’ve got 10 hectares of vineyards producing 40,000 bottles of award-winning still and sparkling wines each year at Plumpton.
- We’ve also got a purpose-built Plumpton Wine Centre which includes a commercial winery, research winery, laboratories and a sensory evaluation room for you to experience.
- Combined with our team of international expert lecturers, you’ll certainly gain an excellent all-round experience at Plumpton.
Ready to take the next step?
Apply for this course online now to begin you journey towards a qualification in Wines and Spirits.
Talk to us
Not quite ready to apply yet? We are happy to discuss courses and help you find the perfect fit.
Other courses that may interest you
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Vinegrowing Intensive 1 week course
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking 7 sessions over half a year
- WineSkills Principles of Winemaking Intensive 1 week course
- WSET Award in Wines Level 3
- WSET Award in Wines WSET Level 4 Diploma